The owner of this historic commercial storefront wanted to restore it for a mixed-use development. The building was built in 1926 and exemplifies the architectural characteristics of the era, so it was a goal of the owner and the DSA team to preserve as much of the original look and feel of the building as possible. The owner would occupy the upper floors, to be used as their offices, and develop the the lower floor as either retail or restaurant functions, or both. Our team worked with the owner and the City of St. Petersburg to bring this project to life, paying attention to the architectural details of the past and incorporating some contemporary elements. In addition, the adjacent property was utilized for a outdoor sitting area.